12:00pm – 1:30pm Booth Showcase Lunch
1:45pm – 2:45pm Production Panel
2:45pm – 3:45pm Processing Panel
4:00pm – 4:30pm Break
4:45pm – 5:45pm Consumption Panel
5:45pm – 6:00pm Conclusion
6:00pm – 7:30pm Dinner Reception
Production – How do agricultural producers balance rising energy costs with the need for safe, sustainable, and affordable products?
- Pam Ronald – UC Davis (Chair)
- Colleen Breitenstein – Pacific Gas & Electric
- Eric O’Brien – Fall Line Capital
- David Bubenheim – NASA Ames Research Center
Processing – A review of current bottlenecks and costs associated with energy usage in food processing.
- Irwin Donis-Gonzalez –Ag. Engineering, UC Davis (Chair)
- Eric Heidman – Diamond Foods LLC
- Mark Evans – The Morning Star Company
- Eric Klingenberg – Mars, Incorporated.
Consumption – Nutritional and consumer preferences for fresh vs. packaged foods, as well as energy usage in markets and restaurants for providing safe and nutritious products.
- Gail Bornhorst – Biol. & Ag. Engineering, UC Davis (Chair)
- Kevin Sanchez – Yolo Food Bank
- David John – General Produce
- Lauren Shimek – Food.Tech.Design.