DUE JUNE 30, 2018 – or until filled
- $70K fellowship: 1 year salary, travel, tuition, and research expenses (supported by the Innovation Institute for Food & Health, IIFH)
- Full year: Late summer 2018 to Late summer 2019 (flexible start date)
- Eligibility: UC Davis post-doctoral fellows, or PhD students in their last 1-2 years of study
- Engagement with FoodShot: The first 6 months the fellow will work with FoodShot Global evaluating startups in the food system to identify investible ventures by the FoodShot Global partners. Kickoff with a 1 month New York residency ($7.5K travel and accommodation allowance provided), followed by regular virtual and in-person meetings for the following 5 months upon return to Davis.
- Development Opportunity: Using the knowledge gained in the first portion of the program, fellows will have 6 months to conduct critical studies to de-risk a potential technology or product they want to develop.
- Led by renowned food/ag/health innovator Victor Friedberg, Chairman & Founder: one of Forbes’ Top 25 influencers in 2016, and a member of the Governor’s Advisory Council for Innovation and Technology
- Run by food system veteran Sara Eckhouse, Executive Director: Senior Advisor to former Secretary Tom Vilsack at the U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Supported by a multi-stakeholder partnership, including:
– Generation Investment Management
– The Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture
– Walton Family Foundation
– Acre Ventures
- MORE DETAILS COMING SOON: http://www.foodshot.org/
tags: food and agriculture innovation, food innovation fellowship, graduates student fellowship, iifh foodshot fellowship